A Dream Come True

On the day prior to my taking this photo, my camera and I were on disagreeable terms.

My Nikon refused to focus where I wanted. It put shadows where it sought. I kept tweaking over and over, as many of you who follow my blog know and I was about to put it on a time-out.

Even people and places of interest were not interesting, until we found ourselves at la plaça de Pi.

The sun was magic, uplifting my spirits and making a promise to me of better minutes at hand.

A Dream Come True

Juan de Pi
Barcelona, 2008

I listened and watched and discovered Juan.

He was sitting on a step, watching and smiling at me and having a good time with another attention-grabbing fellow.

He called me over and told me not to be scared. See, he knew I wanted his photo.

And, I clicked my accommodating camera that appreciated my nervous and exciting energy and it too knew that this was a special man.

Los Manos de José

Los Manos de José de Pi
Barcelona, 2008

We exchanged good-byes and I went about my business, but I couldn’t escape leaving the plaça de Pi.

A little while later, Juan called me and showed me a magic trick. He was feeling good and important that I had no idea how the card trick was a trick. But I knew.

His hands were fun and fascinating and I have a penchant for hands of the older genre.

Yes! He was a photographer’s dream come true.

I got my many pictures, one better than the next, and he made a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...